Sunday, February 6, 2011

What's the blog idea?

Blog idea?  Big idea?  A genuine great idea?  It's all the same thing. 

I hadn't planned on starting a blog.  I was searching for an online diary in which I could jot down a few things we did in the month in addition to anything noteworthy coming out of the mouths of babes.  What I did find was online diaries with no back up option which meant if the server went down, so would my diary.  I didn't intend to share anything with anyone but rather collect memories for my future.  Once I read my diary entries could be gone, I looked for the next best thing.

A few of my friends are blogging but jumping on the bandwagon was not on my mind.  I mean, what would I write about and who would want to read it?  One friend has a child Kyla's age plus 9 month old twins.  I love reading her posts because I can't imagine life with twins.  I can see why her blog would be popular.  Another friend moved to Guam and started a blog to keep her Stateside friends and family updated with their life on the island.  I also love this blog.  Her experiences are incredible and she is also a mother of two.  Another blog with definite popularity.  I am a stay at home mom of two and can only blog about what is happening here on the homefront...not always interesting.

Regardless of how much I have to talk about, I started the blog with one intention: capture moments for the future.  The days are flying by.  My kids are growing up fast.  If I don't write down what happened, I can't expect to remember when they are grown.  The blog is not about who reads it, it's all for me (though I would like to have a few more followers).  ;D

I have heard a few other friends and family mention they would like to start a blog.  To these people, I say what are you waiting for?  Challenge yourself.  Take time out of your busy schedules to write down what's important to you.  The benefits of a blog are multifaceted.  First, it's a keepsake.  It also happens to be therapeutic.  It gives you time to yourself with your thoughts and feelings.  And, someone might learn something from your posts.  Aren't we all looking to connect with someone on some level?  You might be surprised by how much you love the thought process. 

I still have a lot to learn about this site.  I have to figure out how to put pictures on but it all takes time.  Time is not something in abundance right now.  Either way, I am glad I have taken the initiative to put words on the screen.  I have always enjoyed writing and this is my way, if only once a month, to do something that reconnects me with myself. 

My final words: Get started and blog on!

No comments:

Post a Comment